Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The boys

Dear Addelyn,
When you were about three months old my maternity leave was over and I went back to work part time. The family created a childcare arrangement which included one day a week that your cousins, Ben and Crosby, would spend the day with us. Although I was a bit overwhelmed I was excited that you were going to be able to build a strong relationship with your cousins at such an early age. 
I have so enjoyed the days that the three of you are together. Ben has affectionately cared for you since the day you were born. He is such a good big cousin.  You adore him too. He makes you laugh, showers you with hugs and takes true interest in what you are doing. You and Crosby have a great relationship as well. Being closer in age the two of you act more as brother and sister than as cousins. Although yall compete for attention at times you play with each other well. I am excited to see your relationship with him build. I think the two of you will always treat and care for each other as "siblings". 

Today we had a picnic in the trunk of our car, with the boys. It was over 100 degrees outside, so we went to sonic then had an "adventure" that led us to our picnic in the trunk. It's days like today that you remind me how fast time goes. You are such an "big girl" these days, hanging with the boys.
I love you addy, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment